- 1.0 September 18
- Initial release based of Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
- 1.1 December 17
- Fixed numerous bugs. Particularly in Spear of Destiny support.
- Improved old format loading code to handle malformed data.
- Added WolfensteinMonster helper actor.
- Added RandomSpawner
- Binding keys to next/previous weapon.
- Added A_JumpIfCloser, A_JumpIfInventory, A_TakeInventory, and A_ChangeFlag
- Added chance parameter to A_ActiveSound.
- Added meleerange, minmissilechance, and missilefrequency
- Added weapon and movement bob.
- Added ALWAYSFAST.
- Added mapinfo properties messagecolors, messagefontcolor, menuwindowcolors, flat, finaleflat, entertext, entertextislump, and entertextismessage.
- Removed deprecated properties and flags.
- Initial implementation of free look via Y-shearing.
- 1.1.1 December 23
- Improved vanilla accuracy.
- Added user configuration variable to disable movement bobbing.
- 1.2 June 10
- Improved vanilla accuracy.
- ECWolf will attempt to reset Spear of Destiny installations which were set to play the mission packs.
- Partial ability to load Rise of the Triad data and Mac Wolfenstein data.
- Added support switches and touch plates in the fourth binary map plane. (In the format of Rise of the Triad's third map plane.)
- Support for non-64x64 floor/ceiling textures, but still limited to power of twos for speed.
- Depth fog darkness can be set per map so the menu setting was removed.
- Added A_Explode, A_GunFlash, and A_Light (and variants).
- Added scale, xscale, yscale, player.viewheight, player.forwardmove, and player.sidemove.
- Added WEAPON.NOALERT, WEAPON.ALWAYSGRIN, INVENTORY.ALWAYSPICKUP, and RANDOMIZE.
- Added WeaponGiver.
- 1600x1200 and 1920x1200 how are aspect corrected even in the menus since it can be corrected using whole numbers.
- Map translators can now include the default translator.
- 1.2.1 June 12
- Fixed crash when saving when no flash state was active.
- 1.2.2 August 2
- Fixed inverted roll off for A_Explode.
- Fixed A_MeleeAttack's accuracy argument wasn't read correctly. Also added hitsound and misssound arguments.
- Fixed multiple doors could not be opened by a single trigger.
- Fixed some more issues with the deathcam.
- Fixed random() in DECORATE never obtained the maximum value.
- DROPBASEDONTARGET flag will now account for replacements.
- Corrected Knife damage range to be accurate with vanilla.
- Status bar will display 999 when health or ammo go to or above 1000.
- Added PC Speaker emulator.
- Added GUI iwad picker for Windows and crash reporter.
- 1.2.3 December 24
- Added support for PowerPC Macintoshes.
- Added OLDRANDOMCHASE which makes A_Chase use the old random number generator table.
- Fixed locale issues.
- Fixed sound zone linking was done improperly.
- Fixed BlueGatlingGun was missing a call to A_GunAttack and didn't play the proper pickup sound
- Fixed difficulty based health properties weren't fully implemented.
- Fixed RandomSpawner stopped working.
- Fixed reversal of Spear of Destiny and Wolfenstein 3D exit messages.
- Fixed crash when inheriting from actors with relative state jumps.
- OPL instruments are cleared when changing songs.
- Control improvements.
- Using include in xlat will now allow you to replace entries in the thing table.
- 1.3 May 26
Type Windows (NT based) Linux Mac OS X Windows 9x continues to store everything in the program directory. Configuration %AppData%\ecwolf $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/ecwolf
~/Library/Preferences Saves NT-XP: %AppData%\ecwolf
Vista+: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\ECWolf
~/Documents/ECWolf/Savegames Screen shots %AppData%\ecwolf $XDG_DATA_HOME/ecwolf/screenshots
~/Documents/ECWolf/Screenshots Game data (additional) %AppData%\ecwolf $XDG_DATA_HOME/ecwolf ~/Library/Application Support/ECWolf
- Signon screen can now be removed by not providing it in MAPINFO.
- Skill levels can be customized in MAPINFO.
- DemoLoop is now an intermission sequence in MAPINFO.
- Added player.damagescreencolor
- Added DefaultLighting, DefaultVisibility, and DefaultMaxLightVis to mapinfo to specify the light diminishing without using ROTT flags.
- Added deathtransition, victorymusic, forcetally, and victorypic to mapinfo.
- Added BackpackItem along with ammo.backpackamount, ammo.backpackmaxamount, and ammo.backpackboostamount properties.
- Added MapRevealer.
- Added alternate fire, reload, and zoom states for weapons. (Along with weapon.ammogive2, weapon.ammouse2, weapon.ammo2).
- Added flags to A_WeaponReady
- Added A_SetTics, A_ZoomFactor, A_ChangeVelocity, A_ScaleVelocity, A_WeaponGrin, and A_Succeed
- Added random duration states.
- Added Thust weapon.bobstyle to emulate Planet Strike's weapon bob.
- Added support for Blake Stone style split doors and doors that slide the opposite direction.
- Blake Stone 64-level colormap support.
- player.movebob is unlinked from the weapon bob. (The configuration option still affects both.)
- Integrated ZDoom's 2D drawing code, but only the SDL back end is available so ECWolf is still limited to the 8-bit palette.
- Action pointers in the first frame of the Spawn state are now executed. (Similar to specifying NoDelay in ZDoom.)
- The floornumber property in a map is now a string allowing for floors like "1-1".
- Font characters can be referenced as normal textures with "FONTNAMNE:XX" where XX is the hex code.
- USDF parser although usefulness is limited to new QuizItem. Adds ConversationID.
- Experimental support for ROTT elevators.
- Ability to load vanilla mods embedded in a zip file if they have a file named ecwolf with the extension of their data files.
- 1.3.1 January 9
- Added support for sampled music formats and tracker music (Opus, Vorbis, FLAC, everything supported by Mikmod).
- Auto map can now be panned with the mouse.
- Improved file system path lookup to be more reliable.
- Saves can now be deleted from the menu.
- Android support is now merged.
- Fixed quick save loading.
- Fixed ouch face appearing when picking up health in Spear of Destiny.
- Fixed issues with title screen palettes and end games.
- Fixed S3DNA MAP19 exit transition.
- Fixed regression with text lines in Spear of Destiny ending.
- Improved elevator support.
- Improved support for quirky AUDIOT files.
- Various bugs with WDC map format loading are fixed.
- --bits switch works again.
- 1.3.2 June 18
- Support for SDL2 is working and is used on Windows for 64-bit builds.
- Maximum resolution increased to 5K.
- Fixed more issues with path finding with non-Latin user names on Windows.
- Added joystick sensitivity and dead zone configuration among other joystick support improvements.
- Fixed some instances of residual input being carried over between lives.
- Music is now properly restored if main menu is entered in a dialog.
- Improvements to OS X 10.4/10.5 support.
- Enemy projectiles are now blocked by decorations like in vanilla.
- Fixed inaccuracies with Super 3D Noah's Ark plus detection for Steam version.
- Missing par time on 5-2 and incorrect part for 6-5.
- Watermelon damage is corrected.
- Antelope drop a large feed launcher if the player doesn't have one.
- Added fastmonsters and mustconfirm for skill levels in MAPINFO.
- 1.3.3 October 1
- Windows build is now built with Visual Studio 2015 fixing issue with the 64-bit builds crashing on some Haswell systems.
- 32-bit Windows build is now done with SDL 2.0. Windows 98/Me/NT4/2000 support is now relegated to a special build for legacy systems. Until ECWolf 1.5 these will remain first class supported operating systems.
- The GOG versions of Wolf3D and Spear are now detected automatically if installed.
- Font system updated from ZDoom to support graceful handling of accent marks.
- Implemented missing secret god mode cheat (TAB+G+F10 for Spear and JIM for Noah)
- Removed console window on Windows since it was blocking Steam broadcasting (use --console to get it back for mod debugging)
- Removed F12 to release mouse capture since it got in the way with default Steam binding. Use scroll lock instead.
- Elevators force close their doors to prevent them from being jammed by corpses rendering levels unbeatable.
- Redefining an intermission sequence (such as the demo loop) now properly replaces the old one instead of appending.
- ECWolf now handles the special case of ChaosEdit reusing plane 2 for plane 3's data if the map doesn't use plane 3.
- Fixed hint on question 62 in S3DNA.
- Fixed wrong ceiling color in floor 8 of Spear.
- Fixed wrong par time on E6L8 of Wolf3D.
- Fixed timing errors in S3DNA hand feeding and small feed launcher.
- Fixed missing death sound on some enemies in the Spear of Destiny mission pack secret levels.
- Fixed issue with animated textures pausing if menus were entered for a significant amount of time.
- Fixed missing sounds at the destination point of an elevator.
- Fixed loss of inventory on level transition after loading a saved game.
- Fixed dropped data when loading embedded data files in zips.
- Fixed crash with saves with active elevators.
- Fixed immediate crash on Android.
- Fixed various other crashes.
- The follow changes are slated for the next release of ECWolf.
- Added support for the Macintosh version of Wolfenstein 3D.
- Added config based mod autoloading.
- Added game based content filtering for PK3s from ZDoom.
- Fixed some long standing minor memory leaks.
- These changes are slated for the next, non maintenance version of ECWolf.
- None yet!