ECWolf 1.3.3 Released 2016-10-01 18:47:47
After a lot of unnecessary hesitation and delay, I'm announcing the availability of ECWolf 1.3.3. Please note that this is just a patch release, but it includes a lot of critical fixes that I really should have made available months ago. I only have myself to blame for the delay though as it has gotten to the point where I don't really even recall why I've been delaying. (I guess I'll find out soon enough though!) I do expect that this will be the last patch release for the 1.3 series unless something critical requires an immediate fix.
- Windows build is now built with Visual Studio 2015 fixing issue with the 64-bit builds crashing on some Haswell systems.
- 32-bit Windows build is now done with SDL 2.0. Windows 98/Me/NT4/2000 support is now relegated to a special build for legacy systems. Until ECWolf 1.5 these will remain first class supported operating systems.
- The GOG versions of Wolf3D and Spear are now detected automatically if installed.
- Font system updated from ZDoom to support graceful handling of accent marks.
- Implemented missing secret god mode cheat (TAB+G+F10 for Spear and JIM for Noah)
- Removed console window on Windows since it was blocking Steam broadcasting (use --console to get it back for mod debugging)
- Removed F12 to release mouse capture since it got in the way with default Steam binding. Use scroll lock instead.
- Elevators force close their doors to prevent them from being jammed by corpses rendering levels unbeatable.
- Redefining an intermission sequence (such as the demo loop) now properly replaces the old one instead of appending.
- ECWolf now handles the special case of ChaosEdit reusing plane 2 for plane 3's data if the map doesn't use plane 3.
- Fixed hint on question 62 in S3DNA.
- Fixed wrong ceiling color in floor 8 of Spear.
- Fixed wrong par time on E6L8 of Wolf3D.
- Fixed timing errors in S3DNA hand feeding and small feed launcher.
- Fixed missing death sound on some enemies in the Spear of Destiny mission pack secret levels.
- Fixed issue with animated textures pausing if menus were entered for a significant amount of time.
- Fixed missing sounds at the destination point of an elevator.
- Fixed loss of inventory on level transition after loading a saved game.
- Fixed dropped data when loading embedded data files in zips.
- Fixed crash with saves with active elevators.
- Fixed immediate crash on Android.
- Fixed various other crashes.
As the font system upgrade would suggest, I was planning on improving translation support for this release, but time constraints are putting a damper on that for this round. So "Hyeron" if you're reading this update, I haven't forgotten about your translation submission and am still planning on integrating that.